Sunday, February 15, 2009

Finally...a date!

Janet and I finally settled on a date. Assuming I survive the next couple of months of school and work, Janet and I will be married on May 22, 2009 after nearly two years of engagement. It really doesn't seem that long ago that I was making a very nervous phone call to her father asking him if he like to go have a drink. Luckily, I got there early enough to chug a couple before he arrived. He gave his permission, and we were off to the Virgin Islands.

I won't bore everyone (again) with the full details of the engagement story, but after a couple close calls involving a Florida redneck and a small shark, Janet said "yes". (Well not really, what she really said was "of course" which isn't really a yes but I suppose it is an affirmative answer so that's the way we roll.)

Anyway, we're looking forward to our return to the islands for a brief ceremony and sail. Maybe this time we won't have to come back.

-jp

No comments: