Monday, January 5, 2009

How many rolls of insulation will fit in a Toyota Tacoma?

Like me, I'll be every one of you has asked this question. Only recently did I have the opportunity to determine the answer putting to rest one of life's greatest mysteries.

With a passenger (assuming she is willing to carry one roll on her lap)...34
With a not-so-willing passenger...33
Leaving your passenger behind...35 (this is anecdotal as I dared not leave my passenger behind)


[Look carefully at the picture and you'll notice the pink stuffed behind the seats.]


These answers are all dependent on having a shell on the truck bed and a rack on which to place one bundle (of six rolls). After some additional ciphering, I now believe that a willingness to drive home in truck reminiscent of a clown car at the circus would allow a person to carry 52 rolls. I'll have to wait until we get a bigger house to test that hypothesis.

As to why we need 34 rolls of insulation, we are going to insulate the floor of our house. This involves a fun filled day in one of my favorite places...the crawlspace. I'll be installing a new 6 mil vapor barrier over the old and then stuffing insulation in the floor joists.

The joys of home ownership.

No comments: